Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Stepping Stones

This is a picture of my cement project. It was a very creative way to make a stepping stone. We used a picture that the instructors had previously laminated. I chose to bring a picture of a sea turtle that my family had taken when we went scuba diving. This way, I could do an underwater theme. We could do different kinds of ideas in our stepping stones. I decided to do repetition in my design. I used green and blue colors. Also, I used sea shells in my design. When creating this project, it was a little difficult. We had to shake the cement to help it set and let the air bubbles rise. Also, a lot of water rose to the surface. We used paper towels to dry the excess water. It was a little challenging to push down the photo and the rocks. I think that many students would really enjoy doing this project and would be very pleased with their end result.

As an extension activity. I would have the students bring in a photo of someone or something. This photo would be for someone that they would like to gift the project to. Then, I would have the students make a card for the person.


No comments:

Post a Comment