Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Rainbow Fish

This is a picture of my rainbow fish project. For this project the instructors us a book about rainbow fish. It was a really good example of different colors used in fish and I think it is a great tool to use as a motivator. We were given templates to use, but were not supposed to trace them. Then, we were supposed to use construction paper to tear up into pieces and make a collage. I wanted to make stripes in my fish. I didn't want only stripes, but just some throughout. Then, in the book that was read, there were examples about scales and how he shared them with the other fish. So, we were told that we could use sequins to spice up our fish. I used the silver ones on my fish.

As an extension activity, I would have the students do a "give a friend a scale" activity. After reading the same book that our instructors read to us, then I would have the students create their fish, and then draw a name. Then they would have a scale that they design. On this scale they would write to this person that they drew, and tell them why they want to give them their scale. This would be a nice complement.



No comments:

Post a Comment